Some of major groups include:
- Pennsylvania Society for Association Excellence Educational Summit - 150 people (March 14-15)
- Greyhounds of Gettysburg - 700 people (April 25-28)
- Festival of Races - 1,000 people (April 28)
- Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association Spring Leadership Summit - 75 people (June 3-4)
- American Association of Community Theatre Festival - 600-800 people (June 15-23)
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Commissioners 94th Annual Conference - 250 people (June 20-23)
- Pontiac-Oakland Club International Annual Convention - 1,200 people (July 16-21)
- Creature Feature Weekend - 200-300 people (August 30-September 1)
- Pennsylvania Municipal League - 200 people (October 3-6)
- Battlefield Tattoo Expo - 200 people (October 12-13)
Destination Gettysburg's sales department has been working diligently with many of these groups for years providing free services such as consultations to determine what facilities/attractions meet the group's needs, recommendations and assistance planning tours and activities, site visits, proposal requests, vendor referrals and marketing and promotions. A popular service Destination Gettysburg offers to groups are Attendee Welcome Bags that include a travel planner, local transportation information, area map and discounts to local member businesses which are delivered to the venue.
These are big conventions that will have an impact on our member businesses. Shops, restaurants, attractions and accommodations need to be prepared to handle the amount of people that will be in town for the conventions throughout the year.